Inventu Flynet Viewer 2016EH Enhancements and Fixes
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Inventu Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.380 September 17, 2019)
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- Added “Unlock and Refresh” as a keyboard assignment function, which works the same as “Reset Screen (host)” but is easier to recognize. Made Ctrl-R by default a Refresh to match common mappings in desktop terminal emulators.
- Made Ctrl-D by default a StartCopy function so that users can initiate a Clipboard copy without needing to click on the icon.
- When a key was mapped with Ctrl, like Ctrl-D for StartCopy, depending on how fast the user clicked the mapped key, the action could be defaulted to the browser function for that combination (fixed).
- Internet Explorer had an issue with clicking-in to portions of the emulator causing loss of focus for subsequent screens (fixed).
- Printer Device ID was displaying in settings when it was not needed—saving the printer device ID to local or server storage from the settings dialog was also inconsistent (fixed).
- Fixed some z-index issues with the new IntroHelp.html popup where some existing elements were displaying in front of the help.
- With 3270 clients, if a large password input field spanned multiple rows, the input by the user would be padded with blanks (fixed).
- Clipboard drawing mode for Copy was inaccurate when the Icon Tray was configured at the top of the page (fixed).
- Websocket server handler was vulnerable to a buffer overflow resulting in a loop in the handler Task. Indication that this is happening is CPU pegged at 1 / vCPU’s in the W3WP process for the FVTerm v4.0 IIS Application pool. May have been related to poor network connections…fixed in this release.
- If a null character was included in a TN3270 datastream input/unprotected field, it resulted in truncated data for the field—fixed in this release.
- The FVSessions Session class SetFocus now defaults to not also placing focus into the emulation document’s body. An additional Boolean parameter was added to control that functionality (defaulted off).
- Added the session.SetFocus(focusOn, activate) function to the FVSessions API, to provide solid deactivation and activation of an FVTerm instance. This helps avoid unwanted focus events in multi-framed environments. When focusOn is true, the activate parameter controls if focus is explicitly set into the FVTerm body—if not present or false, no explicit focus will occur.
- FVSessions Session.Transactions function now treats a command with no “^” character as a “I” command. In other words, straight text is simply treated as a hllapi keys command. So “abcd@T” works the same as “I^abcd@T”.
- FVSession Transactions composite hllapi call was not calling its completion function if a composite hllapi string ended with an empty command or other unrecognized action code (fixed).
- FVSession Transactions composite hllapi call tweaked so that a plain hllapi string like “@C” will be treated same as the I^@C “enter keys” sequence. Prior to this tweak, the @C would not be sent and the completion function not called.
- FVSessions.js Transaction function updated so that the ^I command is now run in the client up until a host action key (like Enter or Clear) is needed. This enables the use of some fragments that only do tabbing and data entry but may not involve an enter. This update also adds a new function in-support of the ^I command—FVSessions.Session.TypeKeys(text, screenWaiter).
- Enhancements and additional classes added to Server Macros to accommodate enhancements to the framework supporting conversion from desktop terminal emulator VBA macros
Setup, Profiles Configuration and Runtime
- Added automatic editing of stock HTML files that need the document.domain set. These files currently include SCTerm.html, welcome.htm, TopMenu.html, IntroHelp.html, ShowKeys.htm, Sessions.html and macros\MacrosMgr.htm. If the PRESERVE comments have not been altered, the script block with a single line of document.domain=’yourdomain’ will be replaced into the preserved area. This is in the Advanced section of the Web Server tab and makes setting the document.domain for all affected files easier and less error-prone.
- For a Profile, added the Recognition Application ID setting, which allows connecting a profile with a specific recognition definition file. This still requires editing of web.config to add the application key, but in many cases this is performed as part of code generation by Viewer Studio.
- For a Profile, added the Field Upgrades Active setting. When this Boolean is true the host or profile definition is expected to have a Field upgrades definition file active. This requires custom support services interim to availability of a screen upgrade editor.
IND$FILE 3270 File Transfers
- A problem was discovered when rare network conditions caused buffers to be separated at the start of an IND$FILE execution on the host. This caused the transfer to fail with the message “ERROR: IND$FILE command failed, no transfer initiated–check host file name for validity”. Fixed in this release.