Flynet Viewer 2016DB Enhancements and Fixes
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components (Version: 5.0.342)
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.342)
- Installer now will install with IIS Express installed, without full IIS being available—this is assumed to be for a developer’s workstation
- Many improvements and fixes for 3270 Extended Attributes processing to gain more complete compatibility with desktop emulation treatment of colors and attributes
- 3270 Read Buffer command fixes to better support applications that save a screen then restore as part of application flow
- Added support for pooled sessions and license-by-user (more than one session per user) in clustered server environments, including support in the MMC for display of clustered server status
- If a clustered server is put on hold, if it is stopped, started or restarted, it will start in a held status, even if the server is shutdown and restarted. This makes maintenance more streamlined.
- Windows Performance Monitor Counters with category “Flynet Viewer” now available, activated with Admin Console and FVTerm web.config or custom calls in HostConnection class
- Added new “ColSlider” attribute to recognition definitions–allows recognized text to appear within a range of colum positions of the defined location
- Tweaks to how pad characters are managed in 3270 applications (underscore for example)
- Fixed certain control characters sneaking-in on 5250 datastreams
- Wyse emulations improved for scrolling, autowrap, delete line, environment settings and printing support
- Accuterm unique protocol sequences added for screen width control, mouse click control, background and foreground color and chars received count
- Wyse character mode switching was added for Wyse terminals
- Added custom answerback capabilities for ASCII emulations (command 0x05)
- Improved terminfo.txt parsing to support octal character syntax and other tweaks
- Print server support now will automatically clean-up and PDF or other work files on startup
- Tweaks to improve support for additional SSH server types
- Fixed multi-threaded logging when individual trace files are active, so that in the FlyHL.log file log entries are kept whole
- IND$File improved temporary file naming and cleanup; support for large files, which were stopping after 254 buffers
- Help files all updated to document enhancements
- Added ViewerLib API methods and properties related to synchronization, performance timers, connection validation, session printing and statistics
- New session timeout option that is temporary and is cancelled by any activity on the session, enabling faster recycling of sessions as well as better management of user connections
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- Client-side macros are now supported for ASCII protocol terminal sessions (VT220, Wyse and so on). Activated with web.config setting VTMacros=yes.
- Improved web socket recovery when the internet connection between the server and client has poor reliability or web socket compatibility problems.
- Back-button fix to take advantage of newer DOM options with the window.history object—results in fewer session issues when a user clicks the backbutton or accidently presses the backspace key outside of an entry field.
- Startup URL can now include a filter to mask certain host tiles from displaying after the user has closed the initial session. Default tiles can be hidden while new tiles can be added with the filter.
- Clipboard support improved to make use of Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V work naturally without the need for a popup. For block copies of screen data, the Clipboard copy icon works automatically to copy to the clipboard. Copying to multiple entry fields now will block copy using the original rows so that copying source code in mainframe environments works as with an IBM desktop terminal emulator.
- A user “Problem Report” function can now be configured so that users can report issues with a simple form—a text file is created on the server in the FVTerm logs\reports folder which includes active the client-side websocket log.
- If a load balancer is active, a web.config setting can be used to delete any load balancer cookie if the actively connected server is on-hold. This enables a smooth connection when a user’s server has been put on hold for maintenance.
- Added support for the Windows Performance Monitor to track response times, web socket sessions and so on.
- The FVTerm browser window title (default=”Flynet Viewer Host Access”) can now be controlled with a web.config entry to customize for customer environment
- Added client response time statistics that are optionally written to a CSV file that can be analyzed in a spreadsheet. When a client closes his or her session, a record is written with the average response times both at the server and client, along with maximums and number of screen entries made during the session.
- 3270 Extended Attributes expanded to include attribute changes in text without an attribute byte required.
- 3270 auto-skip on unprotected fields is more consistent with desktop terminal emulators
- Clickable function key buttons can now be transparent to minimize cosmetic differences from a desktop or java-based terminal emulator
- Added support for mouse-click detection (right, left or center) with ASCII protocols; sends a user-defined escape sequence with the button and cursor location of the click
- A web.config setting (minWorkerThreads) can now be used to increase the minimum worker threads in the .NET FVTerm thread pool. Large configurations (over 500 sessions) should use this and set it to twice the configured sessions.
- Can now configure that a double-click on a screen will act as an enter key
- For ASCII terminal types, added support for function keys in the range 25-36 inclusive–setup in web.config and terminfo.txt
- Added AutoPrint server-side macro support, with definition files providing compatible functionality with HOD ZipPrint—providing screen-prints spanning multiple screens. Any server macro can also create a print job that will appear at the client browser when the print job is closed.
- Can now override the default font sizes for print screens with different font sizes for 80, 132 and 160 column screen formats.
- Improved synchronization and performance of server-side and client-side macros
- Server macros can now declare group membership internally, so that macros do not need to be copied to multiple host folder trees. A server macro can belong to multiple hosts and Active Directory groups based on attributes specified in the source of the assembly.
- Server macros can now specify a version that enables updating an active macro without needing to recycling the FVTerm v4.0 application pool
- Added additional dialog support for server-side macros
- Many bug fixes, performance and recovery enhancements for web socket connections and managing sessions-per-user goals.
Microsoft Management Console Add-In (FVMMC) and Recorder 2.0
- Added clustered server status columns for Pooled sessions and Users (when licensed per-concurrent user instead of per-session
- Added search capability by user IP address, LUName or UserID to assist finding sessions in large configurations
Flynet Viewer Studio (Build: 184.108.40.206)
- If both IIS and IIS Express are installed—a new Options property is displayed, IISExpressPreferred, which if set true will orient all development options to IIS Express (UI Web Preview Tab for example).
Generated Applications Framework
- The TaskSession class is now generated with a TaskSessionCG (with methods and properties made virtual to enable overriding) and a customizable TaskSession class, which is a child of TaskSessionCG. The TaskSessionCode property has been added to the TaskProject so that user customization of the TaskSession Class can be saved in the Flynet Studio Project.
- Debug class can now be extended by developers in Visual Studio in the generated solution; added DebugClassCode property on a TaskProject so that the Debug class can be customized and saved in the Flynet Studio project. Main body of original Debug is now the DebugCG class.
- Retired support for .NET Framework 2.0 – but 3.5 is still supported
- Default lowest level of Visual Studio is now VS 2010 instead of VS 2003
- Now using the MSBuild included with VS2017 if VS2017 is present and selected. Prior to this, the active .NET MSBuild was always used—also now using x64 MSBuild if present
- Added support for .NET Frameworks 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2 and 4.7
- Added support for IIS Express—can now develop without IIS and without being an Administrator
- Pooled session encrypted credentials file can now be encrypted using a FIPS compliant AES crypto service—previously used a RijndaelManaged crypto-provider
- All encryption libraries, including hashing for file versioning now is FIPS compliant in the Studio product
- Improved dynamic menu option detection to include spaces in the menu number/letter portion of the menu Regular expression
Modernized Web UI Generation
- Added the UI Base Controller (ViewControlBase) class which enables all UI controllers to have an additional location for customizations through overrides or additional methods or properties can be defined which will affect all UI controllers. Moved original body of ViewControlBase to ViewControlBaseCG.
Web Service Generation
- Added clipboard cut/copy/paste of Task objects in the TaskTree using the mouse right-button context menu items
- Added CustomMethodsCode property on a TaskModule so that any custom methods to replace or supplement web service methods can be saved and regenerated from the Studio project
- Added support for resource folders for webservice generated Visual Studio projects, similar to the resource projects for UX projects
Visual Studio Add-In / Extension for Visual Studio 2015 and 2017
- This extension is now completed and more stable and reliable than its first version—support has also been added for Visual Studio 2017 — the prior version did not actually work with VS2017
- Available for download at: http://www.flynetsoftware.com/2016DA/FVVSExtension.vsix