Now With 3270 Device Printing Support
Inventu Viewer+ introduces support for the 3287-1 Printer for users needing device printing for mainframe TN3270 reports. This is added to the existing support for TN5250 AS400/IBMi device printing.
Inventu Viewer+ Base Product and Components
(Version: 6.0.21 November 2, 2020)
FlyServer Emulation Service
- TN3270 new Device Printer support with IBM3287-1 device emulation. This first version has been tested with basic 3270-orders printing. Any customer or evaluator can expect rapid turn-around on any issues discovered with customer printing applications. If Basic 3270 printing jobs do not have an “End of Job” buffer sent, a 5 second timeout will complete a job.
- Added Japanese and Korean DBCS language support for TN5250 AS400 connections
- TN5250 Device printing displayed “1;” at beginning of many lines during first print job; fixed in this release.
- 5250 protocol lost a character in circumstances due to Telnet escape character. This will appear in all prior versions as one or two missing characters on the screen in unpredictable locations.
- 5250 protocol Regression due to fix in 2020G1 Version 6.0.15—if a screen is not cleared and a new entry field is in the same position as a field on the prior screen, the length will run to the next defined field instead of the normal end of the entry field (fixed in this release).
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation
- Integration of support for 3287 device printing including support for Associated Printer Device ID management. 5250, 3270 Device printing and the “Print Screen” functions share the same Print Job management, with a quick pop-up providing Print Preview and the ability to select a printer or print to PDF.
- Printed reports for 5250 or 3270 devices in 132 column mode fit 66 lines per page better in landscape mode
- Added Help and Tip-Text support for Japanese and Korean.
- Changed display of Chinese, Japanese and Korean selections to the native language instead of the English version.
- When uploading a file as part of a server-side macro, a zero-length file was failing.
- SAML 2.0 authentication fixed connection exception under circumstances where the SAML cookie was present with an empty value.
- For TN3270 and TN5250, the cursor will no longer be automatically positioned in the first entry field if not positioned there by the host. This behavior can be controlled with the new Profile setting “Automatic Cursor Positioning”.
- New Property HostConnection.screenTimeout enables reading or changing the session timeout setup by the default for the server
- Added two new CodePage files to support IBM DBCS Japanese (CCSID 939) and Korean (CCSID 933). These all have a .ucm extension and have a few Inventu Extensions after being copied from the mappings folder of the http://site.icu-project.org/ distributed C++ project.
- Added new options for 3287 device printing for 3270 connections, including the ability to associate a new printer with an existing display session LU.
- Added Japanese and Korean language options for 5250 connections
- Connection Wizard was enhanced to enable use on servers that have a Concurrent User-Based license key (where each user can have multiple sessions).
- Updated help to include Automatic Cursor Positioning, Code Page to include Chinese, Default Locale to include Chinese, Japanese or Korean and Display Active Sessions web server option.
- Added new Profile setting – Automatic Cursor Positioning, which enables control over new behavior that no longer positions the cursor in the first entry field if it wasn’t positioned there by the host.
- Added “Trace Users Active Sessions” to the Web Server setting, so that when “Display Active Sessions” is checked for a View, the web.config no longer needs editing to provide the underlying logic needed for the Display Active Sessions setting to work on the View.
- Wizards improved for smoother connection testing during new Host and new Profile definitions
InventuSSO Connection Framework
- Added new VarMap global setting to enable capturing SAML 2.0, Query string and Post values to enable access in the logic and scripting.
- New formal connection variable “userQualifier” will enable unique host credentials for a single identified client. Enables single identified clients to have multiple host accounts and still enjoy the single sign-on benefits. Credential files will be named with the userQualifier added to the user identity.
- Added new formal state “LogonInit” for setup of userQualifier from available SAML or other variables prior to the session starting and credentials being checked for auto-signon.
- Added new SetPasswordRules for a Host or HostNames group which provides far more control over complex password generation. Rules for latest AS400/IBMi operating systems and Mainframe RACF are now accommodated. Documentation provides cross reference with both the AS400/IBMi and RACF documentation.
- A full test rig with all permutations of the rules is available on request and was used to wring-out the logic to ensure compatibility with customer environments.
- Added SetPasswordSpecialChars to enable setting any range of special characters for passwords within the constraints of the InventuSSO.cfg settings syntax.
- The @PWGen function will now use the SetPasswordRules if set instead of the original, simpler logic initially implemented.
- A new source module will now be distributed with InventuSSO-PWRules.cs which is a self-contained generator for IBMi and Mainframe RACF complex passwords.
- Additional tweaks for managing device ID’s and configuration variables across the IIS FVTerm v4.0 Application Pool recycling while connections are active