Inventu Viewer+ 2020F1
Setups 2020F1 mark a new chapter in the history of the Inventu terminal emulation product line. From the early days when WildTower Solutions produced the first versions based on Screensurfer, the “Flynet” name has been in the products. Inventu has now renamed our products from Flynet Viewer 2016 to Inventu Viewer+.
The “plus” stands for the added features and fixes that Inventu provides with the Inventu Viewer+ product compared to earlier releases of Flynet Viewer 2016. Since the April 2018 setups, only Inventu has provided updated versions of Flynet Viewer 2016 and now Inventu is the sole provider of Inventu Viewer+.
Throughout the Inventu Website and Products, all references to “http://flynetsoftware.com” are now “https://software.inventu.com”.
Inventu Viewer+ Base Product and Components
(Version: 6.0.14 June 15, 2020)
Base Inventu Viewer+ Emulation Service
- All tools and windows updated to reflect name change from Flynet Viewer to Inventu Viewer+
- Note that for existing servers updated to this build existing registry hives and file folder names will continue to use the base name “Flynet”. New installations will use base name “Inventu”.
- Clustered servers improved support for upgrades where the name of the server is appended to reflect a new key (enabling increased sessions for example). Tickets from an upgraded server are now recognized by other servers as an upgrade is being made using hold/release on a live 24/7 environment.
- Added MaxWarningBand, named Session Max Warning Band which if set will monitor total active sessions on a single server or cluster and send a warning email to the registered company administrator if the number of sessions comes inside the band. For example, for a cluster with 1,000 sessions, setting the warning band at 100 would send an email the first time active sessions exceeded 900. Please alert email@example.com if you wish to use this feature, and provide the email you would like informed. Requires HTTPS access to inventu.com from each server that this setting is live on for the email to work.
- 3270 protocol additional tweak for entry fields with attribute at last position on screen instead of row1, column1.
- 3270 sessions were vulnerable to a rare condition when a session was terminated as a TN3270E buffer acknowledgement was queued for sending. If this occurred, that session would fail on the first TN3270E buffer received from the host needing an “ack” buffer from then on. This is fixed in Version 6.0.14 of Flyserver.exe.
- With a 3270 screen with an entry field at row 1, column 1, the buffer sent to the host was sending the field at row 1 column 1 first. Based on behavior of IBM Personal Communications terminal emulator, which sends this as the last field, the logic was tweaked to behave the same as PCOMM to maximize compatibility.
- The 5250 attribute Mandatory Fill was causing a field to be set as numeric only. Fixed in this release.
- Added Console Command at port 82, “resetLicense” for subscription licenses, will enable updating the subscription expiration without restarting the service (must first “Check Subscription” with the FVLicense.exe tool).
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation
- Welcome Icon changed to “Inventu Fast View Terminal” from “Flynet Pure Web Terminal Emulator”
- Minimum Worker Threads no longer needs to be set by administrators from the default of zero in order to activate the recommended setting of TotalSessions*2 / vCPU’s/Threads. This setting is important to insure fast session response times in larger session configurations.
- SAML 2.0 Security Framework was enhanced to allow different top-level web pages than SCTerm.html to initiate and complete a sign-in.
- StretchFonts was defaulting to ON regardless of the default set in a Profile in Profiles configuration mode. Fixed in this release.
- Clipboard Paste actions were broken in prior setup, fixed in this release.
- ClipBoard detection of columns improved when combined with repeating a previous screen’s copy block selection (double-clicking the Copy icon)
- The SamlAuth.js file was added to the Scripts folder to support top-level web pages that replace SCTerm.html as the default page for users.
Setup, Profiles Configuration and Runtime
- New name – IVSetup64.exe instead of FVSetup64.exe
- Discontinued 32 bit version
- Detect if existing install and determine if Flynet or Inventu as base name
- Add new /f parameter so that a customer can install to Flynet registry and folder base names if in an existing environment where these names are part of sharing or maintenance procedures.
- When loaded as a re-install, there is now a confirmation message box to allow the user to cancel before any actions are taken, in case the IVSetup64 executable was accidentally run.
- Fixed some minor issues for workstations with only IISExpress installed
- New detection if the IIS default folder has been set to FVTerm so that internal URL’s and shortcuts don’t include “/fvterm/” in URL’s. This is for installations where the customer wants URL’s to be simply the web server without /fvterm.
- WebSockets are now defaulted ON for new installations for the FVTerm web terminal emulator settings
- The Introductory Help for FVTerm is now defaulted OFF for new installations. This is a summary help page describing how FVTerm works for new users and in practice was preferred OFF by customers.
- At completion of the setup, the Emulation Configuration Editor was loading sometimes without the correct web.config – the Editor will now wait if part of an install before initializing.
Inventu Viewer+ Studio
(Version: 2.0.217 June 15, 2010)
- Changed name of the executable from “Flynet Viewer Studio.exe” to “ViewerStudio.exe”
- Rebranding including all new icons and logos
- Detection of base name “Inventu” or “Flynet” for all registry and file system access
- Added new property to the Field Definition – TrimBlanks which can be set to “Both” which is the current default, or “Left” or “Right” – this now allows the ability to ensure the full text of a field is read instead of trimmed text, in applications where any leading or trailing blanks are important.
- Fixed generation of logon sequences with ASCII hosts so that multiple fields can be entered on the same screen that are key fields, such as userID and Password. Since most VT/ASCII signons have unique screens for userID and password this has not been an issue.