Support for IBM Double-Byte Character Set
Inventu Viewer+ introduces support for IBM DBCS language support starting with Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional on the TN5250 (AS400/IBMi) protocol. This is a significant enhancement which enables support for a broad number of popular worldwide languages including Japanese, Korean and most DBCS Character sets currently supported on IBM Mainframes and AS400/IBMi platforms.
The Inventu SSO extension is now formally available to customers with the IAM Server Extensions feature as a source distribution from the https://software.inventu.com downloads page. The InventuSSO is a connection scripting extension provided to Inventu customers for implementing advanced connections that can auto-logon a user with administration-free credentials management.
With this release, if a new connection includes the variable “userHostID” the credentials file for the user will include the userHostID value in the name, providing multiple sign-on accounts for a single identified user.
Inventu Viewer+ Base Product and Components
(Version: 6.0.19 September 2, 2020)
FlyServer Emulation Service
- Added support for IBM DBCS in the TN5250 protocol. Implemented using public tables available from http://site.icu-project.org/. Initial configuration support for Simplified and Traditional Chinese and the TN5250 protocol—Inventu will be publishing all applicable IBM CCSID DBCS tables at https://software.inventu.com/DBCSTables. In this initial release only display of DBCS characters and TN5250 is supported—data entry and TN3270 are not difficult extensions using the same internal data and functions established in this release and can be made available on evaluator or customer request.
- Tracing and Trace Viewer added DBCS/Unicode support- Trace Files are now encoded in the UTF-8 data format.
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation
- Added support for DBCS integrated with the core service enhancements. This includes a new property, “Code Page File” in Profiles that match in the Host value “Code Page File” so that different profiles can have different code pages for the same host.
- Clipboard support will accurately copy DBCS (Chinese characters) – with this version extra spaces may be included along with the text.
- Cursor movement will adjust to the double-width DBCS characters so that the cursor will be positioned correctly over the character
- Cursor size will double in width over DBCS characters.
- Added Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese as available languages for prompts, messages and first-line help (along with Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, Dutch and Swedish).
- When using SAML 2.0 security, tweaks improve error reporting when an issue occurs during testing.
- When activating the Mouse Wheel to send PageUp/PageDown keys in a Profile, some browser/mouse combinations would create an endless loop, locking the web client. This is fixed in this release—all installations with prior releases should de-activate this option until 2020i1 can be installed.
- Implemented new querystring value “userHostID” to enable parent pages to provide the Host UserID for a new connection. This is to sync with updates to InventuSSO supporting multiple Host ID sign-on accounts for a single identified user.
- Added a new HostConnection Readonly Boolean property, DBCSActive, which is true if the current session has a DBCS codepage setting (such as 935 – Chinese Simplified).
- GetText() and GetTextFull() methods will now return full Unicode characters if DBCS characters (such as Chinese) are in the screen area defined in the parameters.
- encodePassThru will now detect DBCS mode and utilize an alternate DBCS internal function for creating the compressed HTTP text sent to the FVTerm client for screen updates.
- Added three new CodePage files to support Traditional Chinese (CCSID 937), Simplified Chinese (CCSID 935) and Extended Simplified Chinese (CCSID 1388). These all have a .ucm extension and have a few Inventu Extensions after being copied from the mappings folder of the http://site.icu-project.org/ distributed C++ project.