Inventu Viewer+ Base Product and Components
(Version: 6.0.102 October 14, 2023)
Inventu Viewer Emulation Service
- VT220 / ASCII printing fixes to accommodate text-only (non-PCL) jobs with form-feeds vs counting lines. This was also causing a loop/session lock when printing some reports.
- Sessions that are not responding to internal requests will be re-initialized while an automatic mini-dump will be taken to assist in determining the cause of the internal issue. This prevents a server from losing the ability to start new sessions, a rare occurrence on heavily loaded servers.
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulator
- Users can now assign arbitrary text, [tab] and [enter] keys in the Keyboard mapping tool as a simple keystroke macro. This can also be set by the Administrator and made default using standard editing of the SCKeyDefs.js file. The keyboard mapping tool was also tweaked to better align the key dropdown selector and entry fields.
- The scripts/FVSessions.js file has been upgraded to utilize the new FVTermMsgApi.js calls by default. This default can be controlled by setting FVSessions.config.msgAPI=false prior to starting a session. Hosting pages utilizing the FVSessions.js and wishing to take advantage of the messaging API will need to swap including FVTermParent.js to including FVTermMsgApi.js. See https://software.inventu.com/help/HTML/FVSessions/index.html for more information.
- When user sessions are configured to be persistent (Profile Advanced settings “Keep Sessions Active” and “Keep Alive on Browser Close” both checked) and tracked (Web Server User Interface setting “Track Users Active Sessions” and View Advanced setting “Display Users Active Sessions”), when the user has closed the browser tab for an active session, it will show-up in the sessions list with a green “Available” instead of the number of seconds idle. This makes it easier for a user to identify idle sessions when starting-up multiple sessions.
- A new configuration option for the Web Server settings in the Security section is “Session Cookie Expiration Days” to enable sessions to last longer for users that keep sessions longer than a day. The default has been 1 day for a session connection cookie expiration—with the new setting this can be changed to 2 or more days to avoid orphaned sessions when, for example, the “Keep Alive on Browser Close” option is checked.
- In a rare occurrence, when a user had a session over a day old (with one day cookie expiration at 1 day) and due to some circumstance such as the PC being asleep with an open WebSocket, the web client would try to recover the session and switch to Ajax web services from websockets. The “Sync” call would then bounce rapidly between the client and the server and would start all available sessions with userid= “.NET” and websocket “BROKEN” due to the cookie being expired. All web service calls have been hardened to prevent this and the user will now simply get an expired cookie message.
- For ASCII sessions, users can now right-click on the cursor block and have the ability to select “Paste” for clipboard operations (same as Control-V but with a mouse instead of keyboard action).
- For sessions connected to ASCII host profiles with scroll history configured, the scroll history area now supports Clipboard copy using the start copy Icon. If a user selects text in the scroll area, on releasing the mouse button, a context menu will appear that includes a new “Copy All” which will copy everything from the top of the selection area to the bottom of the scroll area and the active terminal 24 or 25 rows. This enables users to copy a large report to the clipboard that may have scrolled extensively into the history scroll area.
- Google Authorization errors are now logged to the Event Log to assist in identifying user connection problems.
- Tightened-up AzureAD connection authorization to ensure stale AzureAD sessions are re-authorized on starting a new session.
- FVTerm now logs to the Event Log the active Security Framework on startup of the Application Pool.
- When Printing and the report is 132 columns or greater, the print preview window will now display in Landscape mode (previous versions printed correctly but the preview was rotated 90o so that the user needed to tilt their head to read the report in the preview window).
- Printer fonts that could be configured for 80, 132 and 160 column reports using the Profile / Advanced section for HTML printing were not being used in the web client, so these settings had no effect. Fixed in this release.
Profiles Mode Configuration – config/Admin.html Page
- Added a new Profile / Advanced setting: Print Page Size for HTML print screens and also device printing that is not using PCL-to-PDF (SCS 3270/5250 or ASCII text-only printing). The CSS controlling the page creation will work better when the “local” page size is set. Default is “Letter: 8.5 x 11” while other options include “Legal 8.5 x 14”, “A4: 210 x 297mm” and “A3: 297 x 420mm”.
- Added new Web Server / Security setting: “Session Cookie Expiration Days” that has been defaulted to 1 day. With this setting more than a day can be entered to accommodate environments where longer session connections are expected by users.
Inventu Viewer Administration Console and MMC Console
- If a User closes a browser tab with an active session when sessions are configured to stay active on browser close, the new Web Socket column will display “OFFLINE” instead of “OK”, “New”, “BROKEN” or “API”.
Inventu Viewer Diagnostics Dashboard
- Start of tracking for FVTerm Web Application Pool Event log entries—this will enable better support for Identity Framework issues such as an expired AzureAD certificate or Google Identity internet access issues.
Inventu Viewer Installer
- Added new FVTermMsgApi.js to the fvterm/scripts folder
- Enabled the FVTerm v4.0 Application pool to write to the event log with new registry settings