Flynet Viewer 2016DY Enhancements and Fixes
- Inventu Flynet Viewer Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.371 April 21, 2019)
Profile-Based Configuration Support
The Profile-Based Configuration Administration User Interface continues to be enhanced and built-out.
- New Host Wizard now works well with difficult connections, such as non-standard TLS ports and required Logical Unit or Device names (3270 or 5250)
- Can now set Icon size for the FVTerm Page both for Standard and Touch devices
- Can now set the location of the icons – top or bottom of the page
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation Feature
- A new print-screen icon has been added that queues the current screen for printing. For typical 24 row terminal sessions this enables 2-up printing of screen images on a single page as well as providing the user the ability to group multiple print screens as a single document. A user can click on the print-Queue icon multiple times—for the final screen, the standard Print Screen icon, when clicked, will print all queued screens along with the current screen in 2-up fashion in a single document.
- Continuous refinement of Touch Client support and integration and configuration with the new Profiles mode. This includes better client management (with a new settings option) of the on-page touch keyboard for devices that have both a touch screen and physical keyboard.
- Added swipe tabbing to touch devices—swiping left, right, up or down moves the cursor accordingly (left and right are backtab and tab if a long swipe, cursor left or right if short swipe, up and down simply move the cursor up or down in same column).
- Clipboard Paste further refinements to support word-wrapping in fields that extend past the current row as well as pasting in a block when rows of fields line-up, as in a mainframe source editor.
- Added Active Directory Group filter to Profile Views, which enables selecting the view a user sees based on that user’s group membership
- Tightened connections of new websockets to allow retry in case of a race condition from the initial AJAX start of the session as well as more consistent setting of the userid associated with the session across all security options
- Support for null characters in entry fields and unformatted entry screens fixed so that the user can key anywhere on a clear screen (instead of just the start of the first line) and nulls are not sent, only the non-null data. Clear screens are now full entry fields on the whole screen, and a user can key the command for the clear screen anywhere
- Improved details for websocket logging to enable correlation between the client and server side logs
- Stopped memory leaks caused by session timeouts; cleaned-up more initialized objects to speed memory cleanup
- Added a UserControl option for websockets—if set to false will no longer ask the user if he or she wants to switch to AJAX following too many web socket errors
- Added support for cluster sharing of Profiles as well as an auto-update / replication of profiles in a cluster environment
- Server macros will now timeout after 5 minutes waiting for a user response at the client to a messagebox, form, or other input request. This was previously an indefinite timeout, leading to stranded threads, session connections and small memory leaks should the session be timed-out by the emulation service.
Flynet Viewer Emulation Service and Runtime Framework (Version 5.0.371)
- Administration Console – added configuration option for user-based licenses: Maximum Sessions Per User, which enables exceeding the licensed sessions-per-user value which is typically 3 or 5. This will not increase the maximum concurrent users, nor will it increase the total possible sessions. What it does is enable users to go-over the configured maximum if sessions are available. Assumes that not all users will be hitting the configured sessions per users, leaving sessions available for certain users that may need more than the configured number.
- Clustered Servers can now sync with each other when Console User Security is active. Prior to any builds up to January 19, 2019, console user security would break cluster syncing for available sessions between the servers.
- IBM Distributed Certificate Access Server (DCAS) RACF Single-Signon support implemented. A sample FVTerm Server Extension is available from Inventu—email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- TLS – SSPI Client Certificate searches of the Windows Certificate Store provide better diagnostics for when a certificate is not found
- Clustered server IP Address configuration was lost under certain conditions during a version update of an installed server
- Clustered servers, in a group of 3 or more were not synchronizing completely, related to a memory-leak fix in the last major release
- ViewerLib: Added new version of HostConnection.GetSessionUser that will now optionally return the Profile that a user is connected with along with the active Host Name
- ViewerLib: Added a new Static call HostConnection.GetLastEventLogEntry() which will return the text of the last event log entry written, to help in error reporting / recovery scenarios
- ViewerLib: Added new static call GetDCASPassTicket which passes AppID, UserID and gets back the active mainframe userID and pass ticket for the user
3270 Protocol-Specific Changes
- Certain conditions involving host datastreams with multiple write commands and a specific address caused loss of update data to the screen.
- Extended highlighting was misinterpreted under certain conditions and write command combinations
- IND$File fixes as well as a fix preventing the screen from becoming garbled following a file transfer (under certain conditions)
- Long IND$File transfers were timing-out FVTerm client sessions when the active timeout configuration setting was active (requires a “ping” to be constant between client and server)
- Added a separate log that is always active for IND$File transfers
Setup and Installation
- Click-to-Install License has replaced Flynet LTD with Inventu Corporation as the primary licensor to better reflect ownership of the software copyrights and maintenance responsibility.
- Better management of FVTerm files and web.config for retaining existing settings and backing-up FVTerm files.
- If the Windows operating system restarts during an update install in-between uninstall of prior version and install of new version, the installation will now pick-up on the next execution of the setup as if it was a continuous operation. Prior to this fix, the registry would be in an uncertain state without multiple installs, with possible loss of host configuration details.
- The Simulated Host can now support non-FV emulators better, which can help when identifying differences between a customer’s terminal emulator and the Flynet emulation service during a conversion project.
Viewer Studio (Version 22.214.171.124 — April 10, 2019)
- Test HTML for RESTful JSON WebAPI now states the correct title (had WCF JSON as title)
- Plain WebAPI calls that were not set as part of the ScreenAPI API were generating additional parameters relating to managing a ScreenAPI enter, breaking the signature and URL resolution.
Visual Studio VSIX Extension (Version 1.3.3 — April 11, 2019)
- When active, the VSIX extension was popping-up an error any time Visual Studio was used to open a non-solution file—now fixed