Inventu Flynet Viewer 2016EQ Enhancements and Fixes
- New Web Terminal Emulation Security Option: SAML 2.0, which works with SAML 2.0 SSO including SalesForce SSO and OKTA Security framework. Configured using the Profiles mode Configuration editor. Security options now include Windows Security, Azure AD, Google Sign-In and SAML 2.0.
- Web Terminal Emulator Clipboard Copy Enhancements–Repeatable Copy and Column Detection for Spreadsheet integration
- Further Continuous Updates, Enhancements and Fixes
Inventu Flynet Viewer Base Product and Components
(Version: 5.0.389 March 26, 2020)
FlyServer Emulation Service
- 3270 formatted screens with input field starting at row1, column1, with the attribute byte at the last row / last column (like row24 column 80) were sending updates to that field with the wrong address of the update.
- For tightly driven server-side API environments, there was a timing issue if a key sequence caused the host to terminate the Telnet socket at the same time that the HostConnection.disconnect() was called. This would cause an error condition on subsequent attempts to start a session on the same ID.
- 3270 Set Buffer Address, Repeat to Address and Erase to Address orders would not function correctly if a telnet escape character 0xff was in the address and buffers from the host terminated in the middle of the order. Normal state-based parsing was implemented to fix the broken buffer problem.
- TLS Connections- more reliable initial Telnet handshakes for some TN3270 environments
- TNVT VT320 Protocol-added support for alternate font graphics2 used for box-drawing in some applications
- 5250 Device Printer on a Clustered Server would cause an exception on certain stop conditions
- By Default, the service will now create a minidump in the installation data folder (default c:\program files\flynet\viewer\data). It will not create more than one minidump files for exceptions occurring at the same address. This can be turned-off (not recommended!) by setting the registry setting HKLM\Software\Flynet\Viewer\Settings:ExceptionMiniDump to “No”
- Additional logging for socket errors and correction of a logic loop that can occur with a socket error on initial connection to a host causing an exception
FVTerm Web Terminal Emulation
- Added new Security option: SAML 2.0, which works with SAML 2.0 SSO including SalesForce SSO and OKTA Security framework. Configured using the Profiles mode Configuration editor. Security options now include Windows Security, Azure AD, Google Sign-In and SAML 2.0.
- The Start Clipboard Copy Icon now has a double-click function which is to “RepeatCopy” – this will use the previous rectangle for a clipboard copy and copy that same screen area to the clipboard. Adds ease of use when a client is paging through multiple screens and copying the same screen area to the clipboard on each paged screen. The “RepeatCopy” is also available as a keyboard setting, which is assigned for new installations to Alt-D.
- A new mode for the Clipboard Block Copy was implemented. When a block clipboard copy is executed, columns will be detected if there is more than one row copied, and TAB characters will replace any blanks in each column. This enables more productive pasting into a spreadsheet such as Microsoft Excel. This mode is the new default, but is controllable with the Profile Setting “Clipboard Block Copy Detect Columns” and also has been added to the user’s settings as an option.
- Active Sessions list can be configured to display on the top connection menu and now includes how long a session has been idle so users can see if a “stale” session can be reconnected.
- Improved synchronization of server-side macros with client requests including cancelling an active macro
- Added a new Profile Macro setting- New Connection Server Macro, which specifies a server-side macro to be run following a successful connection to the profile’s host
- Client Macros Editor width was increased to better reflect typical screen sizes and improve work space.
- Auto-prompting for a Printer Device ID will now work when an active entry field is on the screen
- Android devices had a bug with newer versions of Android where the Emulator Entry field option prevented effective use of the virtual keyboard due to extra keys being entered after the first key. Fixed in this release.
- If the FVTerm v4.0 Application Pool was recycled, active sessions would have a field update problem when the user cleared the contents of a field using the Field Exit—the field would not be updated properly—fixed in this setup.
- 5250 protocol – System alert message screens written to the client without the user having pressed enter caused any active entry field updates to be lost once the alert was cleared. Fixed in this release.
- When the Emulator Refresh icon is clicked, any pending entry field entries by the user for 5250 and 3270 protocols are now preserved.
- The initial display of the TopMenu.html file, which is used to present selection options, under certain network conditions could be loaded until the View and Profile information is loaded in the parent SCTerm.html page. This would then only display the settings and help tiles/icons until the page in the browser was refreshed. TopMenu now has logic to ensure that the parent page is fully loaded prior to displaying the menu tiles.
- A new parameter on the SCTerm.html page will launch the sessions.html page following any needed security authorization such as with Google Sign-in or SAML 2.0. The new parameter is launchSessions=yes. Example: https://term.mycompany.com/fvterm/scterm.html?launchSessions=yes
- When an entry field for 3270 or 5250 protocols has been identified by the host as “Numeric Only” or “Alpha Only” a red error message is displayed when a user attempts to key an invalid character, such as an alpha into a numeric entry. To accommodate instances when this may be due to a protocol or screen map error, a new green clickable text is appended to the message so that the user can click to allow entry of any character into the field.
- The error message for alpha/numeric only was moved into the terminal browser element to fix positioning errors due to transforms of the screen text.
Setup, Profiles Configuration and Runtime
- Added new option for SAML 2.0 Security to the Web Server Tab along with specific SAML 2.0 configuration properties.
- Updated Configuration online help to include new settings that were added.
- The FVTerm Logging Root Folder can now be set in the Web Server Advanced settings
Screen Recorder 2.0
- Default for Ctrl-V is now Paste Keys from Clipboard instead of sending the Ctrl-V key
- If an ASCII protocol screen had the ^ character on the screen, the trace viewer was masking all following data with an * which is logic for 5250 and 3270 screens as ^ is an attribute for a password field. Fixed in this release so that ASCII screens are properly rendered with embedded ^ characters.
Visual Studio Inventu Flynet Viewer Extension Version 1.3.29
Newer versions of Visual Studio 2019 block extensions that do not start using an asynchronous initialization. Even when enabling synchronous extensions, the changes caused exceptions in the extension. This version fixes these issues and improves stability.
Inventu Viewer Studio
(Version: 2.0.216 March 17, 2010)
- ScreenAPI Generation improved for better default enter actions
- SWAGGER generation improved definition for returned complex data types
- Installer Dynamic Link to ScreenTypes folder was pointing to empty folder on new build machine and InstallShield did not produce a build error. Causes exception on new installations when running the Screen Mapping Wizard.